Re: Inovonics outdoor range

"nick markowitz" <nmarkowitz@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:a504cdb1-5350-44a8-b60f-0720dcda9372@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Jan 6, 8:57 pm, "Christopher Glaeser" <c...@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > You may find with echostream you do not even need the repeaters since
> > each transmitter is a repeater
>
> You know, I read this, but it didn't sink in, and when I saw the
> repeaters,
> just assumed they were needed. So basically, if transmitters are spaced
> sufficiently close, a large park or appartment complex could be meshed
> with
> nothing but battery operated devices, right? The more I learn about
> EchoStream, the more there is to like.
>
> Best,
> Christopher

Yes  this is correct each unit can send and receive so you have
multiple paths back to receiver depending how you deploy them at
complex I did I have 4 different paths they can take back to the
receiver so if one path is blocked or noisy
it goes the other route.

Nick,

I have been reading this thread and was wondering what the application was
for this system that you speak about??

Was it a commercial fire system??

Thanks,

Les