Re: Inovonics outdoor range

> Yes  this is correct each unit can send and receive so you have
> multiple paths back to receiver depending how you deploy them at
> complex I did I have 4 different paths they can take back to the
> receiver so if one path is blocked or noisy
> it goes the other route.

I think there may be a slight misunderstanding of the terminology (or I
misunderstood your previous post).  Using EchoStream terminology, the
devices at each sensor are transmitters.  The devices that receive/forward
packets are repeaters.  Transmitters do not receive nor forward packets.
Repeaters receive packets and then forward them.  Packets have an ID to
avoid ping-pong among repeaters.  Repeaters can be used to build a large
network mesh to pass trasmitter packets from one end of a large building or
campus to distant receiver.  In other words, it is not possible to build a
large network mesh using only transmitters.

And yes, multiple paths can be used to get the message back to the receiver,
thus reducing lost packets due to noise.

Best,
Christopher