Re: need recommendation please

On Feb 27, 10:59=A0pm, Chuck <charlesmor...@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I'm looking for a security system for some elderly people on a rural farm=
. =A0
> I initially liked the look of the Logitech Alert 750e Outdoor Master Syst=
em
> with extra cameras but looks like there are several problems with that
> system:
>
> 1) current owners report frequent camera breakdowns
> 2) setup apparently requires a high speed internet connection
>
> I absolutely do not want these cameras to be available to the internet un=
der
> any circumstances.
>
> So, any recommendations for a good system with outdoor (IR) cameras? =A0I=
'm
> willing to go $1000, maybe a little more, for a solution (pc or non-pc
> based) with at least 3 outdoor IR cameras. =A0
>
> Sure appreciate any help folks ......

If you know what your looking for in focal length, distance to object,
day/night, back light control, IR distance, more than 500 lines of
resolution etc, you might be able to pick up four outdoor, half way
decent cameras for about 1000.00 as long as the requirements are not
to stringent.

Depending upon the frames per second and the length of time you want
to retain the video, maybe $1200.00 or so for the DVR. You'll need a
power supply a monitor and wire also. another $4/500. In my opinion,
that's about the least expensive you should go for the hardware for a
low end to middling system. Anything less then that and quality of
video and longevity will likely not be acceptable.

That's for professional equipment.

You can find cheaper systems at Security Cameras Direct and Super
Circuits. Take you chances with one of their "packages" . They have
more variety in the categor of end user quality of equipment.