need recommendation please

I'm looking for a security system for some elderly people on a rural farm.
I initially liked the look of the Logitech Alert 750e Outdoor Master System
with extra cameras but looks like there are several problems with that
system:

1) current owners report frequent camera breakdowns
2) setup apparently requires a high speed internet connection

I absolutely do not want these cameras to be available to the internet under
any circumstances.

So, any recommendations for a good system with outdoor (IR) cameras?  I'm
willing to go $1000, maybe a little more, for a solution (pc or non-pc
based) with at least 3 outdoor IR cameras.

Sure appreciate any help folks ......