Re: FCI 7200 Fire Panel

On Feb 9, 12:58=A0am, Frank Kurz <t...@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 08/02/2011 7:53 PM, James B wrote:
>

> > Does anyone here now how to run autoconfig on this panel? =A0When I try
> > to run it I get an "access denied" message. =A0The 7200 program manual
> > says to log in with the level 4 code to run the config program. =A0I
> > have done this, but once it starts the autoconfig about 2 seconds
> > later it comes up with access denied.
>
> > One thing I noticed is the user codes are only 2 digits and the manual
> > says they should be 6, so I think its a 7200 Micro control but im not
> > sure. =A0I contacted a local FCI dealer "the original installer" and
> > they told me the panel is no longer made and they are not sure they
> > have a tech that knows how to program it still. =A0They did say they
> > would send one out and quoted me 10 hours @135 per hour. =A0I am only
> > trying to add 1 monitor module to the system. =A0The current system onl=
> > has 5 points on it now. =A0Needles to say the dealer isnt intrested in
> > such a small task, or helping me out.
>
> > Can anyone tell me the correct procedure for running autoconifg?
>
> > James
>
> There are two possible scenarios here.
>
> 1. =A0You haven't entered the correct password (which is weird because it
> should boot you out immediately), or
>
> 2. =A0You haven't followed the correct sequence to get into
> auto-configure. =A0Are you trying to enter programming from the SCU or do
> you have a KDU/KDU-L?
>
> --
> Frank Kurzwww.firetechs.net- Hide quoted text -

Frank,

It has a KDU,  the only thing that is different is when I log in and
it asks for a password.  The book says it should say "Enter Password
000000"  this one is saying "Enter Password 00".  I enter the level 4
password and it accepts it.  I have tried a few wrong passwords on
purpose and it rejects them immediately.  The panel is not in alarm
when I log in but it does have 1 trouble "Extra Point" this is the
point I am tryiing to add.

James