Re: FCI 7200 Fire Panel

On 08/02/2011 7:53 PM, James B wrote:
> Does anyone here now how to run autoconfig on this panel?  When I try
> to run it I get an "access denied" message.  The 7200 program manual
> says to log in with the level 4 code to run the config program.  I
> have done this, but once it starts the autoconfig about 2 seconds
> later it comes up with access denied.
>
> One thing I noticed is the user codes are only 2 digits and the manual
> says they should be 6, so I think its a 7200 Micro control but im not
> sure.  I contacted a local FCI dealer "the original installer" and
> they told me the panel is no longer made and they are not sure they
> have a tech that knows how to program it still.  They did say they
> would send one out and quoted me 10 hours @135 per hour.  I am only
> trying to add 1 monitor module to the system.  The current system only
> has 5 points on it now.  Needles to say the dealer isnt intrested in
> such a small task, or helping me out.
>
> Can anyone tell me the correct procedure for running autoconifg?
>
> James

There are two possible scenarios here.

1.  You haven't entered the correct password (which is weird because it
should boot you out immediately), or

2.  You haven't followed the correct sequence to get into
auto-configure.  Are you trying to enter programming from the SCU or do
you have a KDU/KDU-L?

--
Frank Kurz
www.firetechs.net