Re: Interesting

On Dec 23, 6:02=A0pm, nick markowitz <nmarkow...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Thats why he is working for some one else I know plenty of hacks out
> there and they have such a line of bull shit and people believe them
> that there experts.-

Just my opinion on this and can't back it up but I think that because
the public mostly knows very little to nothing about alarm systems ...
that what ever the guy that they "like" the best does on the job, it's
considered what is normal for an alarm installation. So ... under
normal conditions, if the installer is just one of those "good enough"
types, that's what the customer gets and thinks that there isn't any
better. And/or they think that anything more than that is "overkill".
It could be that it's just a "justification reflex" by the customer to
convince themselves that they made the right decision by getting the
"free" system .... I don't know.  How many people have you come across
that have bought into the "free" alarm scam who think that they
actually have a viable alarm system?  Mostly all ... in my experience.
Many believe that what I offer them is way beyond what is necessary to
qualify as a worth while system. It's that experience that convinced
me years ago that I didn't need to try to compete with the "Free"
alarm companies. They're selling to a market that would never seek out
someone like me to install a vialble system to begin with. They're
just not the people who would ever be my customers in the first
place.

Another example is .... when I'm called in by one of my customers
who's moved into another home with a previously installed system. Big
commercial magnetic contacts on all the doors and windows. Exposed
twisted pair wire stapled up the sides of the molding. Motion
detectors mounted only where there's easy wire access, even if they're
looking directly at windows or air vents. The customer is always torn
between having to almost completely rewire the place or living with it
as is .... knowing that it could look like the system I installed in
the previous home. If they choose "as is" I do it but  ... grit my
teeth all the while and make sure that it's documented in the paper
work. The only thing that pisses me off is that some day, someone is
going to come into the job and think that " I " did it !!!!!!!!!!

Maybe I should put little notes inside motion  and smoke detecotors
and attached to the wires in places that only another installer would
look.

"Pssst, I didn't install this!"