Re: Interesting

On Dec 23, 7:57=A0pm, Jim <alarmi...@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Dec 23, 6:02=A0pm, nick markowitz <nmarkow...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

> > Thats why he is working for some one else I know plenty of hacks out
> > there and they have such a line of bull shit and people believe them
> > that there experts.-
>
> Just my opinion on this and can't back it up but I think that because
> the public mostly knows very little to nothing about alarm systems ...
> that what ever the guy that they "like" the best does on the job, it's
> considered what is normal for an alarm installation. So ... under
> normal conditions, if the installer is just one of those "good enough"
> types, that's what the customer gets and thinks that there isn't any
> better. And/or they think that anything more than that is "overkill".
> It could be that it's just a "justification reflex" by the customer to
> convince themselves that they made the right decision by getting the
> "free" system .... I don't know. =A0How many people have you come across
> that have bought into the "free" alarm scam who think that they
> actually have a viable alarm system? =A0Mostly all ... in my experience.
> Many believe that what I offer them is way beyond what is necessary to
> qualify as a worth while system. It's that experience that convinced
> me years ago that I didn't need to try to compete with the "Free"
> alarm companies. They're selling to a market that would never seek out
> someone like me to install a vialble system to begin with. They're
> just not the people who would ever be my customers in the first
> place.

RHC: Right on the money ! Also there is a large group of people who
don't research anything and simply buy into the latest BS on TV.
Alarmforce customers fit that bill to a tee ! Every time I see their
ads, I want to upchuck. But such is life; there will always be a
significant minority of people who make bad choices, even when given
the option to spend a bit more and get a LOT more. You've got to
wonder why they believe that any company can do the works for $25
monthly,no equipment costs.....hell, if that was so, don't they think
that everyone would be doing it ??????

> Another example is .... when I'm called in by one of my customers
> who's moved into another home with a previously installed system. Big
> commercial magnetic contacts on all the doors and windows. Exposed
> twisted pair wire stapled up the sides of the molding. Motion
> detectors mounted only where there's easy wire access, even if they're
> looking directly at windows or air vents. The customer is always torn
> between having to almost completely rewire the place or living with it
> as is .... knowing that it could look like the system I installed in
> the previous home. If they choose "as is" I do it but =A0... grit my
> teeth all the while and make sure that it's documented in the paper
> work. The only thing that pisses me off is that some day, someone is
> going to come into the job and think that " I " did it !!!!!!!!!!
>
> Maybe I should put little notes inside motion =A0and smoke detecotors
> and attached to the wires in places that only another installer would
> look.
>
> "Pssst, I didn't install this!"

RHC: Yeah, one of the reasons I've pretty much stopped doing
takeovers. The amount of shoddy quality installation work out there is
proportionally large, and growing. When people ask me why I refuse
their requests when everyone else is fighting for their business, I
simply ask them...why would I want to take over responsibility for a
crappy, problem plagued system for a few bucks a month ?? They they
usually get it. Too bad some of the alarm companies never do...it's
all about money

It doesn't bother me now like it used to when I first started in this
business. A fool and their money are soon parted ! I give them the
information; they have the choice to take it or not. So be it....don't
lose any sleep over it !