Re: Industry Members Only Sub-Forum

SRyckman Wrote:

>Then suggest an alternative that will actually work and I'll listen.

I told you a good one already.  Invite a few people who passed your test
to invite other's they trust.  If a nominee gets 'x' number of nods,
he's verified.  Many of us have met in person, called on the phone, and
have active business relationships.

State licensing databases and municipal D.B.A's are public, as are
offices of each S.O.S.

That still does not help retirees, installers with no company email
addy, non-alarmco and C/S owners (but still doing their thing).

On LinkIn, I have 6 connections to people I've met here.  I'm also
subscribed to the SIA forum on LinkedIn (ironic?).  They had a
verification process of some sort too, but I managed to get invited 2
days after my application.  I guess the SIA rep. doesn't think I'm a
teenage script-kiddie.

Half my contacts are alarmco owners or managers.  Some are headhunters
for our industry, some are parts suppliers.  The rest are IT partners.

BTW....  I am/was perfectly willing to provide my company in the BBB
index, and I found it wasn't even listed.  I put in a request for a
rating for the hell of it.  I'll probably buy one of their
'accreditations' too, that will most *certainly* get me into -any-
forum.