Re: Wadda Ya Do

"G. Morgan" <usenet_abuse@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:558686dfo52ddjqj2mccdgt31p97tb36vd@xxxxxxxxxx
> "Bob La Londe" <nospam@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>>I get a call from somebody claiming to be a sheriff's deputy wanting me to
>>tell them over the phone how to disable the alarm at that location because
>>the sirens are going and the keypads are dead.  Probably is a sheriff's
>>deputy, but I have a policy of not telling random callers how to disable
>>alarm systems.
>

> I would have told him to unplug the battery and snip off one of the A/C
> leads.
>
> Hell, they are already 'in' the house... It's not like you're telling them
> how
> to circumvent a live system.
>
> At least that way you get no more calls, and the cop doesn't go around
> bad-mouthing your company.

So how do I KNOW it's a cop, and if its not a monitored system the siren
going off may be the only protection they have regardless of the
circumstances of how it came to be unmonitored.  I really don't think I can
take that chance.  If somebody bad mouths me it may hurt my business, but if
I tell a neighborhood hoodlum how to totally disable an alarm so he can loot
somebody's house I'll probably be out of business.