Re: 7845i keeps dropping IP connection

"Jim" <alarminex@xxxxxxx> a écrit dans le message de groupe de discussion :
bf9dfc95-5374-44cb-8158-a811bdb9dcff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> On Oct 26, 11:18 am, "petem" <petem...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> Well regulation here state that every one heve to do 6000 hour as an
>> apprentice before being a tech, in those 6000 hour they hae to do some
>> class
>> training, so we have to offer them sone training..
>>
>> So all those training are also available to the tech, and the best part
>> of
>> it, its free for the tech, they even have there expense paid for to be
>> there..(in fact its not realy free, the boss pay 1 cent by hour worked
>> for
>> all the poeple working in the construction business in the whole
>> province..
>> with 140 million worked every years, the pot got pretty high and we have
>> lot of training availble
>

> The required training is a good idea. However, if it has anything to
> do with unions, if what I've seen down here is any example, all the
> training in the world hasn't made but only a handfull of electricians
> any smarter than a brick. All of the education they are required to
> have, hardly qualifies most of them to install a wall outlet. It's
> only due to the political power that the unions have that gets them
> qualified to install alarm systems without having to take courses and
> take a state test to qualify for a state alarm license. Yet only one
> in 50 knows what a door contact does. What good does the requirements
> and hours of training do if it isn't absorbed? There is no enforcement
> and anyone can get away with what ever they did before only now, the
> legitimate alarm companys get to pay the state for their license.
> There are just as many non licensed companys as there used to be and
> if you report it to the Dept of State, they don't have any way to go
> out and stop them. All they do is license, not enforce. Since it's a
> state law I can only guess that we'd have to call the State police and
> I'm sure they'd be right out there trying to arrest all the non
> licensed alarm companys they could find ...... just as soon as they
> finished their doughnuts.

I know the feeling Jim..Here licencing is enforce and there are poeple paid
by the CCQ (www.ccq.org) to go around and ask permits and licence to anyone
working in the construction business..

But since alarm is a something done very quick and often take less then a
day to do, its not easy to catch the bad guys..
So I have to go around find them and call the inspector on site... Let me
tell you that my 6 foot 240 pound body is helping ensure that every one stay
cool.. ;-) but I still cary on me my pen camera to record the one that want
to provide me with knee that bend the other way and the one that want me to
show a new smile with less teeth ;-)

As our friend in Ottawa stated there is also a new law that ask for anyone
doing an alarm job in here to cary a permits  that state good conduct (no
crminal record and such thing)..
That law is pretty cool since it become a criminal offence to do so..So now
I will call the cops on those job site ;-)