Re: 7845i keeps dropping IP connection

On Oct 21, 7:04=A0pm, RJD314 <rdvorak...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Oct 19, 11:49=A0pm, "SStech217" <pong_...@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > I've got a 7847i in 4204 emulation mode, and for some reason, it keeps =
losing its internet connection, but not its connection to the LAN. Cycling =
the connection by physically unplugging and plugging it back in fixes it ev=
ery time.

> > I've checked all the LAN settings, telnetted AlarmNets servers as per t=
ech support, physically checked out all the wiring, etc.

> > The only thing I can think of is that the line the DSL, so of course th=
e LAN and 7845i are on it as well, has a lot of static on it. All the phone=
s have filters on them, so its not the DSL bleeding over.

> > Sound likely to you? Any other reasons such a thing would happen? Help =
a brother out.

> > --------------=3D =A0Posted using GrabIt =A0=3D----------------
> > ------=3D =A0Binary Usenet downloading made easy =3D---------
> > -=3D =A0Get GrabIt for free fromhttp://www.shemes.com/=A0=3D-
>
> I have had the same thisn happen to my network at home. =A0It ended up
> being the router that was the problem. =A0I replaced the router and all
> was good.

Sometimes you'll find that there's just "something" about a particular
router that doesn't jive with something on YOUR network but will work
without a hitch on another network with different components.    Go
figure!