Re: Looking for simple thoughts.

On Nov 23, 9:10=A0pm, G. Morgan <usenet_ab...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> "ABLE1" <royboynos...@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >I thru in the 'simple thoughts' just to get a reaction. =A0I guess I did=
.

> >Thanks for the input. =A0I tend to agree. =A0Anyone else with any though=
ts??

> I'm pretty sure the VOIP device would take the brunt of any hit, especial=
ly if
> it was pre-protected with a UPS with phone line surge protection.
>
> If your customers do not have a UPS for their router/VOIP stuff it could =
be a
> good upsell opportunity. =A0Have a few in the truck and sell them one for=
 each PC
> while you're at it.

I have had a few hits on  cable modems and so far only the modem has
taken the hit and not the panel but i still keep the extra surge in
just in case. as far as Verizon  FIOS  its fiber optic coming into
home so no surge possible on fiber cable
but you could still get hit thru the interface so I surge protect it
also. The biggest problem of course always is the asshole bozos cable
techs  who do not understand how a RJ31x works.