Re: Looking for simple thoughts.

On Nov 23, 7:19=A0pm, "ABLE1" <royboynos...@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Not to go overboard but as more and more cable modems get installed and P=
OTS
> go away a question comes to mind.
>
> For the past quite a number of years I have installed with every system a
> lightning surge protection on the phone line. =A0Now with the Digital Voi=
ce
> and the modem hanging on the cable is the surge protection still a desire=
> thing to do or even an issue??
>
> Thanks for any thoughts.
>
> Les

Well you've certainly come to the right place to obtain simple
thoughts.

I don't think surge protection on a VoIP modem source telephone line
is going to provide you with any kind of protection. I mean maybe it
the modem got blown off the wall it might do something ( like catch on
fire or something) but I don't think it's going to have the same
effect as it would on a Pots line.