Re: impact of corruption on alarm company

I once was doing some hazard mitigation research for a city. This entailed
looking back in history at hazardous events...

I obtained all sorts of information from everywhere I looked. All city
departments and research sources...

Then I went to visit the fire department...

Q. Historical records?
A. Duh!

Q. Computer records?
A. What is a computer?

Q. Perhaps a handwritten log of historical records?
A. Maybe old Fred over there may remember a few things...

Etc.
(I gave up on obtaining ANY information from them once I realized I was not
exactly dealing with a brain trust...*)

*I'm sure not all fire departments are this way?