OT: Can't believe I found this in the Wall Street Journal

Following is a direct quote from the WSJ, one of the most conservative,
responsible newspapers in the county.

=====

Republican Platform 2010:

We're going to repeal health care reform.
We're going to make sure that a family of four who makes under 88k pays EVERY
DIME for their health insurance.
We're going to allow insurers to charge women more again.
We're going to kick thousands of low income working people off of Medicaid.
We're going to do away with the high risk pool for people who want to buy health
insurance, but have pre-existing conditions.
We're going to bring back the donut hole in Medicare.
We're going to bring back pre-existing conditions for children. And we're going
to make sure they're here to stay for adults.

You go run on that. Let me know how it works out for you.

You are absolutely right Daniel, the Republicans screwed the pooch
on this one by trying to kill the bill instead of working to improve it or,
more importantly, fixing it when they had the opportunity to lead. For
all the flaws with the bill, the Republicans can't run on repealing the
bill. The current health care system is dysfunctional and some sort or
reform was needed. If the Republicans want to win, they have to
either run on fixing the bill or must put forward a better alternative.
If they run on repealing the bill and returning to the health care
system that was available before it, they aren't going to do too well.

=====

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Home Electronics