Re: Low cost alarm

On Jul 31, 2:06=A0pm, JoeRaisin <joeraisin2...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Nicko wrote:
> > On Jul 31, 9:01 am, JoeRaisin <joeraisin2...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > The noisemakers you are talking about
> >> aren't worth much unless you're home and want to be awakened if someon=
> >> breaks in.
>
> > And what exactly is wrong with that?
>
> Nothing, as far as it goes. =A0Does little to nothing if you're not home.
> =A0 At least with x10 controlled flood lights you have a bit more
> deterrent as most b&e boys are more afraid of light than sound.
>
> > OBTW, what is "piece of mind"?
>
> That I'm less likely to be broken into than the unprotected homes in the
> neighborhood.
>
> Much more with a monitored system as I know if my home is violated I
> will get a call from the alarm company and the police are on the way.
> With integrated smoke detectors, not only do I know I'll be alerted if
> there's a fire while I'm sleeping, if I'm not home I know the fire
> department will be dispatched while most of the structure is still
> salvageable. =A0By adding carbon monoxide protection I know that, in the
> event I and my family are overcome (though generally we'll be alerted
> before that stage) EMS will respond before any lives are lost. =A0Further=
,
> the addition of dihydrogen monoxide detection in the utility areas will
> alert me if my well pump or water heater springs a leak and any damage
> will be minimized.
>
> For what you are looking for this would suffice:
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DiUPz0hXpDI4
>
> Or you can monitor it this way:
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DKWrU3fCDHmM
>
> Better to get a few hidden nanny cams - at least that way you can give
> the video to the police... unless they steal that too...

I have customers who self monitor and they know chance they are taking
but there not in a typical area you would worry. It calls pager cell
phone what ever.
and makes noise.
One customer missed the call and yea they broke in and caused damage
but luckily a neighbor heard the noise and scared them off and called
911.. He has now switched to monitored with a cell back up.
He was in a safe neighborhood too.
Noise will sometimes scare a burglar off many times it will not
depends if some one is living right next door or there's distance.
people hear sirens noises gunshots etc. and ignore it all the time.
So take what ever you think is appropriate way to do it and do it. But
never cry about your decision . Byway I am a stage 4 cancer survivor
on SSI working part time know exact boat your in . Had to have
expensive truck repairs in march and knew they where coming up stuck a
little away each pay so i could keep truck on road otherwise nick no
work.
have other stuff coming up will need to save barter or what ever
shame on me if i do not plan for it.