Re: Low cost alarm

On Jul 31, 7:48=A0am, tourman <robercampb...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Jul 30, 9:50=A0pm, Nicko <nervous.n...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > Yes, Virginia, there are actually people who cannot afford "another
> > bill" for a monitored alarm system. =A0 As strange as it may seem, ther=
> > are people who are living from paycheck to paycheck but who want to
> > have some sort of security besides insurance.
>
> > I'd rather have something I can afford that makes a really loud noise
> > and alerts me and my neighbors of an intrusion, than have nothing at
> > all.
>
> RHC: With something that only makes a noise, that's exactly what you
> will have..."nothing at all".

And if you have a monitored system, you will get...what?  The smugness
of knowing that someone will eventually respond to an alarm.  How much
injury/property damage/theft can occur in the minutes it might take
someone to respond to your alarm?

Trap guns are a wise and inexpensive addition to any amateur alarm
system.   Anyone can pick up a handful of SNSs for a hundred bucks or
so, and rig them up themselves.   And they make noise!

The downside is, you might occasionally have to remove a burglar's
corpse from your window or doorway.