Low cost alarm

Yes, Virginia, there are actually people who cannot afford "another
bill" for a monitored alarm system.   As strange as it may seem, there
are people who are living from paycheck to paycheck but who want to
have some sort of security besides insurance.

I'd rather have something I can afford that makes a really loud noise
and alerts me and my neighbors of an intrusion, than have nothing at
all.