Re: Low cost alarm

Nicko wrote:
> On Jul 31, 9:01 am, JoeRaisin <joeraisin2...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> The noisemakers you are talking about
>> aren't worth much unless you're home and want to be awakened if someone
>> breaks in.
>
> And what exactly is wrong with that?

Nothing, as far as it goes.  Does little to nothing if you're not home.
  At least with x10 controlled flood lights you have a bit more
deterrent as most b&e boys are more afraid of light than sound.

> OBTW, what is "piece of mind"?

That I'm less likely to be broken into than the unprotected homes in the
neighborhood.

Much more with a monitored system as I know if my home is violated I
will get a call from the alarm company and the police are on the way.
With integrated smoke detectors, not only do I know I'll be alerted if
there's a fire while I'm sleeping, if I'm not home I know the fire
department will be dispatched while most of the structure is still
salvageable.  By adding carbon monoxide protection I know that, in the
event I and my family are overcome (though generally we'll be alerted
before that stage) EMS will respond before any lives are lost.  Further,
the addition of dihydrogen monoxide detection in the utility areas will
alert me if my well pump or water heater springs a leak and any damage
will be minimized.

For what you are looking for this would suffice:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUPz0hXpDI4

Or you can monitor it this way:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWrU3fCDHmM

Better to get a few hidden nanny cams - at least that way you can give
the video to the police... unless they steal that too...