Re: Low cost alarm

On Jul 30, 9:55=A0pm, "Rockytsquirrel" <g...@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> so true, =A0I see those folks everyday..
>
> RTS
>
> "Nicko" <nervous.n...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

> > Yes, Virginia, there are actually people who cannot afford "another
> > bill" for a monitored alarm system. =A0 As strange as it may seem, ther=
> > are people who are living from paycheck to paycheck but who want to
> > have some sort of security besides insurance.
>
> > I'd rather have something I can afford that makes a really loud noise
> > and alerts me and my neighbors of an intrusion, than have nothing at
> > all.

The problem is still the cost of the equipment.  and unfortunately you
get what you pay for.
Whats your idea of low cost - total number. are we protecting whole
house or part are we doing just perimeter  or perimeter and interior.
each answer vary s the cost.
You could find low cost components online wire it your self etc and
still plan on spending $300-500 minimum and your on your own putting
it in.
You could build your own panel etc. but if it does not shut off
properly etc now you have code enforcement issues.
In this business there is no  cookie cutter system. Those company's
who try it are not really doing there customers any favors.