Re: Low Cost Security Alarm ?

"James" <jnipperxxx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:b-ydnYkCpsg0u9HRnZ2dnUVZ_tSdnZ2d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>I know that this is a very general question, but what is a very good,
>basic,
> simple to install home security alarm ?   I don't need monthly monitoring,
> etc, just a system that will sound an outside alarm when door and window
> switches are set off.
>
> I have had a simple, wired system from Radio Shack for many years, but the
> control unit has become defective.  So, I could stay with a wired system,
> or
> would consider wireless.
>
> Is there anything decent in the  $150  range ??
>
> Thanks !!
>
> James

I would look online for something like a DSC Kit 120, you can hook up your
existing hardwired zones and also add wireless sensors if required..

The link below shows a store retailing them for less than $130.00, but if
you google DSC kit 120 you will find dozens of places to buy it from.

The kit comes with a control panel, keypad (with built in wireless
receiver), siren, battery and motion sensor.

http://www.homesecuritystore.com/p-546-kit16-120-dsc-wireless-ready-alarm-system-kit.aspx?affiliateid=10050&zmam=55691497&zmas=1&zmac=2&zmap=KIT16-120

Doug