Re: Low Cost Security Alarm ?

On Jul 26, 1:25=A0am, Jim <alarmi...@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Jul 25, 2:44=A0pm, tourman <robercampb...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > > $150.00????
>
> > > Whew!
>
> > > How much is you home and contents worth?
> > > At that price I can only suggest that you buy a baseball bat and a do=
g.

> > RHC: WTF is it with people who think a toy non monitored alarm is a
> > real alarm system and will actually DO something ????-
>
> I've tried to figure that out for years. I don't know if it stems from
> them just not wanting "another monthly bill" ..... just beleiving that
> an intruder will stop and retreat when they hear an alarm .... =A0 =A0I
> doughknow??????
>
> I'll tell you a funny story that happend to me when I first started.
> Having previous sales experience I thought I had a sales presentation
> that would cover all the objections to having me install an alarm
> system. Very early in my new business venture I was humbled by a
> little store owner. I stopped in to his store on a cold sales call and
> asked him if he had an alarm system and if not, I could install one
> for him at a reasonable price. He said that he didn't need an alarm
> system. I tried all my sales approaches and getting the same response,
> I finally asked him why he thought he didn't need an alarm system. He
> said, because the old guy who lives behind the store has his chicken
> house right up close to the back of the store. I was dumbfounded. I
> asked him what that had to do with him not needing an alarm system. He
> said that every time someone came near the chicken house, all the
> chickens would begin squawking and the old guy comes out with a
> shotgun.
>
> I simply just hadn't prepared myself with anything that would overcome
> that objection.!!!!!!!! I said OK. and left.
>
> And, after all these years, =A0I still can't think of anything.

RHC: The truth is, there ARE a few situations where a non-monitored
system can be effective, but they are extremely rare. Most people
simply dream up a "reason" (which to them justifies crippling the
system with no monitoring of any kind) as an excuse for justifiying
their not having to spend any more money on their alarm equipment. The
fact that in almost all cases, their reasons are laughable doesn't
even dawn on them. It's part of the same "something for nothing"
attitude that has spawned the "free systems" over the years, and
lately the outright scammers like AlarmForce. And it's a fact that the
easiest person in the world to fool is yourself, since you won't hear
any arguments to counter your "reasons".....

Even sadder still is the false sense of security they are lulled into.
PT Barnum would have been proud.....