Re: Low Cost Security Alarm ?

On Jul 25, 2:44=A0pm, tourman <robercampb...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Jul 25, 12:14=A0pm, Jim <alarmi...@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>

> > On Jul 25, 7:57=A0am, "James" <jnipper...@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > > I know that this is a very general question, but what is a very good,=
 basic,
> > > simple to install home security alarm ? =A0 I don't need monthly moni=
toring,
> > > etc, just a system that will sound an outside alarm when door and win=
dow
> > > switches are set off.
>
> > > I have had a simple, wired system from Radio Shack for many years, bu=
t the
> > > control unit has become defective. =A0So, I could stay with a wired s=
ystem, or
> > > would consider wireless.
>
> > > Is there anything decent in the =A0$150 =A0range ??
>
> > > Thanks !!
>
> > > James
>
> > $150.00????
>
> > Whew!
>
> > How much is you home and contents worth?
> > At that price I can only suggest that you buy a baseball bat and a dog.
>
> RHC: WTF is it with people who think a toy non monitored alarm is a
> real alarm system and will actually DO something ????-

I've tried to figure that out for years. I don't know if it stems from
them just not wanting "another monthly bill" ..... just beleiving that
an intruder will stop and retreat when they hear an alarm ....    I
doughknow??????

I'll tell you a funny story that happend to me when I first started.
Having previous sales experience I thought I had a sales presentation
that would cover all the objections to having me install an alarm
system. Very early in my new business venture I was humbled by a
little store owner. I stopped in to his store on a cold sales call and
asked him if he had an alarm system and if not, I could install one
for him at a reasonable price. He said that he didn't need an alarm
system. I tried all my sales approaches and getting the same response,
I finally asked him why he thought he didn't need an alarm system. He
said, because the old guy who lives behind the store has his chicken
house right up close to the back of the store. I was dumbfounded. I
asked him what that had to do with him not needing an alarm system. He
said that every time someone came near the chicken house, all the
chickens would begin squawking and the old guy comes out with a
shotgun.

I simply just hadn't prepared myself with anything that would overcome
that objection.!!!!!!!! I said OK. and left.

And, after all these years,  I still can't think of anything.