Re: Ping: Petem

"Frank Olson" wrote:

>> I imagine Robert doesn't think that's much of a gift Frank
>
> He was given the "gift" of time.  And every day he's here is another "gift".
> When my Dad contracted cancer, he was gone very quickly. Diagnosed in December
> and laid to rest in May.  A little over five months that we all intensly
> cherished and still remember.

Most people have no idea when they're going to die.  Death comes "like a thief
in the night."  I've had the combined blessing and curse of knowing.  The
"curse" is knowing I won't have years to spend with my friends and my family.
The blessing is having the opportunity to prepare myself.  I've been spending
more time with my family and taking care of business matters so that what I have
built will benefit those I love.

I'm not begging forgiveness.  I have apologized and I do still apologize for the
rude, angry things which I have said in the past.  I'd rather be at peace with
everyone but that's apparently not possible.  Some may choose to stew in their
anger.  That's unfortunate but I can't do anything about it.  I'm at peace with
myself, with my family and, most important, with God.

Regards,
Robert