Re: Explosion Proof Detection

On Jan 9, 6:46=A0pm, "RockyTSquirrel" <gafa@/nospam/usa.com> wrote:
> those electrical =A0fitting you reference =A0are =A0seal-tite, =A0 for ha=
rd wall
> pipe
> (ment to keep vapors out of the electrical box)
> a fiberglass or plastic tank =A0is not classified as explosion-proof,
> neither is the vent cap to the same tank..
>
> "Effenpig1" <dirtyspicev...@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

> On Jan 9, 4:14 pm, "RockyTSquirrel" <gafa@/nospam/usa.com> wrote:> they w=
ant "Explosion Proof" and their inside a town with "walking traffic
> > on two sides" ?!!
> > how in the hell did they get a permit to do that?
>
> > I've done the explosion proof stuff for a defense contractor and their
> > first thing was to be wayyyyyy far away from people..
> > See which codes their using to base their call for that type of devices=
..
> > They maybe looking at the wrong specs...
>
> > "Bob La Londe" <n...@xxxxxxxx> wrote in
>
> messagenews:aJU1n.29572$Gf3.17409@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>

> > > Ok... what is there that meets a weatherproof and explosion proof
> > criteria,
> > > and has any chance of detecting in intruders in a fenced yard.
>
> > > Yes I said explosion proof.
>
> > > I was thinking stacked photo beams for coverage, but I can not find a=
ny
> > that
> > > meet the explosion proof rating. Suggestions? Ideas? Just walk away..=
..
> > > I actually quoted them a video system and found explosion proof rated
> > > cameras for a reasonable price, but they were not willing to pay what=
 it
> > > costs.
>
> > > Now they want me to quote them some kind of detection system. Their
> fence
> > > is way to loose and out of tune to even consider a microphone cable o=
> the
> > > fence. Its in town with walking traffic on two sides anyway.
>
> Every gas station has explosion proof fitting and such, and there are
> plenty of them inside a town =A0with "walking traffic on two sides"

 I wasn't referring to "sealtight" !! . I was referring to EYS and
other such explosion proof fittings required on conduit where
explosive vapors may be present.  Believe me, I've installed more than
enough to know what they are. Separating all the individual conductors
with packing, mixing up a little "chico". Kind of miss it sometimes