Re: ADT buys Broadview (Brinks)

On Dec 15, 12:12=A0am, tourman <robercampb...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Dec 14, 10:16=A0pm, G. Morgan <usenet_ab...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > tourman <robercampb...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > >RHC: Graham, I don't think Jim was directing his remarks towards me. I
> > >think he was referring to our industry as a whole, and the
> > >independants in particular.
>
> > I think it was a very subtle insult to you.
>
> > He does not like any of us on the NG, make no mistake.
>
> > I really got him riled up when I called him out, and for 2 years
> > he has not responded to my offer.
>
> > He's a pussy..
>
> RHC: No, I don't thnk so Graham. The only thing we TOTALLY disagree on
> is the need for a long term contract for alarm monitoring. I just
> don't discuss it anymore because I seem to be alone in that view (in
> spite of the fact that I see endless horrors occuring almost weekly
> with the abuse of long term contracts that have made me believe it
> even more strongly). However, I see no reason to bring it up anymore
> if the newsgroup is going to remain a place to discuss security
> matters without it degenerating back to what it used to be.
>
> Gotta admit, it's a far more boring place without RLB and all the
> controversy his presence generated.....

Its the same old story the sales guys for the bigger company's around
me can never figure out why I get bids and work they can never get, or
if they do get then loose it.  It does not matter what you charge it
comes down to service and treating people properly.
If you can not back up what you say your going to do then the customer
will not stay with you.Period.

I can charge $5000.00 for a job walk away with $2000.00 profit same
job they charge $5000.00 and walk away with only
$300.00 so they need to sell 10 more jobs to break even or beat me for
the week then you need to figure out what your doing wrong when you
spec your job and who is putting it in.
So many commercial jobs I see being done and I wonder what they hell
where they thinking when they specked it out.