Re: ADT buys Broadview (Brinks)

On Dec 14, 8:52=A0pm, G. Morgan <usenet_ab...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> tourman <robercampb...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >RHC: Hmmm....very pessimistic view of your brethren in the business !
> >I know lots of small dealers that are sharp businessmen, and who can
> >see very clearly what's going on, and where opportunities lie. Guess
> >we're smarter up here, that's all....:)) =A0(ducking behind any cover as
> >all sorts of crap flies overhead )
>
> No, it's that you're smarter than him. =A0You see opportunity and
> know how to take advantage, some will stick with their old way no
> matter what.
>
> He doesn't respect you, and that is clear. =A0
>
> Do what you do....!!!!!

RHC: Graham, I don't think Jim was directing his remarks towards me. I
think he was referring to our industry as a whole, and the
independants in particular. I happen to disagree with his assessment.
There are lots of small guys who couldn't manage their way out of a
wet paper bag; however, I also know lots who are as sharp as tacks
when it comes to seeing opportunities and taking advantage of them.
The stupid ones usually buy into the dealership programs thinking that
they can ride on the coattails of an established company because they
aren't smart enough to go it on their own. The truly smart ones
usually are adept enough to see down the road and know what it takes
to succeed over the longer term and end up going on their own.

No different than in any other industry when it comes right down to
it....