Re: ADT buys Broadview (Brinks)

tourman wrote:
> It now looks like ADT is going to be buying Broadview during the
> second quarter of 2011 which will give them a combined market share of
> 35% of the residential US market for alarm systems. See the following
> link.
>
> http://www.securityinfowatch.com/Alarm+Systems/broadview-security-merge-with-adt-following-purchase-tyco-international
>
> Seems to me, in the long run, this is probably good news for smaller,
> established companies to fit in the market where ADT and their ilk are
> not present, or not very good..ie: full systems, quality after sales
> service, lower prices and less expensive monitoring rates. On the
> other hand, it's probably also going to increase the "free system"
> nonsense, as well as the presence of more shady selling "door to
> door", as the new mega-monster company tries to keep it's revenue
> growth increasing exponentially.....
>
> We live in interesting times....

IMHO, Brinks/Broadview I guess did not want to keep pace with changing
technologies. VoIP telephone services was the beginning of their
downfall. Not being flexible towards their customers needs was another.
They were hitting double digit attrition rates as far back as 2006. But
their stock holders never got wind of that.

Jim Rojas
Technical Manuals Online!
http://www.tech-man.com
8002 Cornwall Lane