Re: Adcor TLM 5

"nick markowitz"  wrote in message
news:2bd12ff7-f60b-481b-98b8-8463e830b172@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

On Dec 13, 4:37 pm, "RockyTSquirrel" <gafa_...@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Nick,   the TLM5  will detect the loss of voltage  (4 or less)  but  if
> you
> have a loss of  audio mix  and retain the carrier  you could still have a
> dead air  problem..
>
> RTS
>
> "mleuck"  wrote in message

> On Dec 12, 10:45 am, nick markowitz <nmarkow...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > Anyone remember the jumper settings on the TLM 5 to allow upto 30
> > second delay.
>
> By default it's 30 seconds, the only mention is cutting resistor R38
> which bumps it up to 60

You are correct  Thats the next thing they want to buy for station is
a dead air monitor that will auto switch lines  but
they are very pricey. so with this set up at least i know back up is
there to switch to.
we changed our format as well we where christian music we are now
running conservative christian talk.
good line up of  Bill Bennet , Neil Boortz, dave ramsey, Clark
howard ,John Bachelor and Red eye radio from 1-5 am
If you like this format.

you could try  building a audio monitor and drive a trigger relay/timer
(ie..  a diode to dc  the audio  then feed to a op amp to drive the trigger
of a relay/timer
(works  like a loss voltage trigger,  could set off bell,  switch lines,
whatever  you wanted
(adjust the trigger time to account for normal  dead air time..