Re: ADT buys Broadview (Brinks)

On Dec 14, 12:29=A0am, G. Morgan <usenet_ab...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Jim Rojas <jro...@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >IMHO, Brinks/Broadview I guess did not want to keep pace with changing
> >technologies. VoIP telephone services was the beginning of their
> >downfall. Not being flexible towards their customers needs was another.
> >They were hitting double digit attrition rates as far back as 2006. But
> >their stock holders never got wind of that.
>
> lol... I bet myself that you would be the first commenter. :-)

RHC:No doubt; you tend to remember those who screw you...:))  Once
this merger happens, there will be loads of people being screwed. ADT
typically raids the resources of those whom they buy and lets the rest
go as they did with the SecurityLink merger. There are loads of people
at Broadview worried about their jobs, and rightly so.

I spent most of my life inside a large corporate organization and saw
firsthand what can and will happen. To my shame, I was part of it
(although unwittingly in those days). Those at the bottom and the
middle, who are the glue holding an organization together, will be
largely sacrificed on the alter of "reorganization". Those at the top
have the goal and obligation, to set things up for the best overall
bottom line for the company. While the better executives will do their
best to keep the pain  to a minimum, bottom line, lots of people will
be let go in the name of improved organization and profit ! Middle
management has "fat" that can always be eliminated. Upper management
too; however, no one there will ever "fall on their sword" in the name
of improved bottom line...:))

On the technical side, this will not be so extreme, since ADT is
bringing on board loads of panels they know nothing about, and will
need expertise to keep things running. At leaset initially, customer
service will slip badly, leaving lots of opportunity for independants
to target millions of accounts from both companies. Many Broadview
dealers will try to jump ship as well, since this was not their
agreement with Broadview.

The end result for us will be one mega-monster company to compete
against rather than two. If independants do their job right, it should
be a much easier market to compete in, given the failings of all large
companies.

We have more to worry about on the short term from independant
"startups" giving away systems to get RMR, not realizing until it is
too late, they are largely cutting their own throats in the process.
Up here, we are starting to see HVAC companies selling DSC wireless
systems to go along with their HVAC services, under the guise of
protecting customers against failure of the very systems that they are
installing....??? Their pricing is ridiculously low, so I have to
wonder how they will end up charging for service to make up the
difference. Once the initial service term of 3 years is up, they too
will lose large chunks of this business to lower priced companies,
making them wonder why they got in this business at all.....:))

Anything for a buck...!!