Re: OT: Respect for the Government

On Apr 10, 12:41=A0pm, "Robert L Bass" <rob...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> "JoeRaisin" wrote:
>
> > It's simple, now that the left is in power, the folks on the right are =
now
> > doing the same sort of stuff the to the folks on the left that the folk=
s on
> > the left did to the folks on the right back when they were in power. =
=A0Of
> > course the folks on the left are crying foul 'cause now they are the on=
e's
> > getting hammered - so they are saying the same things about the folks o=
n the
> > right holding signs protesting the folks on the left that the folks on =
the
> > right said about the folks on the left holding signs protesting the fol=
ks on
> > the right.
>
> It's not that simple. =A0When Bush came to power, we did cry foul because=
 we
> believed the USSC played politics, among other things. =A0Sure, we protes=
ted, but
> no one called for violence. =A0No one made threats on the lives of Republ=
icans.

I guess you missed all the Bush=3DHitler references, the Chaney =3D Hitler
references, Code Pink, Cindy Sheehan

> No one, especially none of the losing Democratic (note: the word is
> "Democratic", not "democrat") candidates suggested that people come to
> Washingtion "Armed and Dangerous". =A0None our presidential candidates we=
nt
> around, as Sara Palin has, encouraging a "revolution". =A0This has been l=
ike no
> other presidential term in our history.

A revolution in November, nobody mentioned armed insurrection. And I
agree with you that this presidential term is like no other in history
but not for the same reasons.

> I personally believe that a significant part of Tea Party motivation is r=
ace
> hatred, though that's just my gut reaction with no specific evidence so I=
'm not
> offering it as proof, only saying what I think. =A0I fear that if the rig=
ht
> doesn't slow this down we may have an assassination.

Of course you'd think that, the left loves the anti-war protests but
can't deal with average citizens against them.

> Whatever happens in the long run, nothing that the hard-line right has do=
ne this
> year is in any way patriotic. =A0It's just vulgar, power and money-grubbi=
ng, lying
> hatred of the worst kind and it is not American! =A0We all say this is th=
e gretest
> country on Earth. =A0It's time we all started acting as though we believe=
d that.

Too bad you didn't say any of this during the previous President's 8
years. Of course I'm sure you have your excuses.