Re: OT: Respect for the Government

Robert L Bass wrote:
> "JoeRaisin" wrote:
>>
>> It's simple, now that the left is in power, the folks on the right are
>> now doing the same sort of stuff the to the folks on the left that the
>> folks on the left did to the folks on the right back when they were in
>> power.  Of course the folks on the left are crying foul 'cause now
>> they are the one's getting hammered - so they are saying the same
>> things about the folks on the right holding signs protesting the folks
>> on the left that the folks on the right said about the folks on the
>> left holding signs protesting the folks on the right.
>
> It's not that simple.  When Bush came to power, we did cry foul because
> we believed the USSC played politics, among other things.  Sure, we
> protested, but no one called for violence.  No one made threats on the
> lives of Republicans. No one, especially none of the losing Democratic
> (note: the word is "Democratic", not "democrat") candidates suggested
> that people come to Washingtion "Armed and Dangerous".  None our
> presidential candidates went around, as Sara Palin has, encouraging a
> "revolution".  This has been like no other presidential term in our
> history.

http://www.zombietime.com/zomblog/?p=621

Here is one before he was even elected:

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/kilborn1.html

The threats aren't new - the attention from the media is.

The "revolution" you referred to is a "political" one.

"Armed and Dangerous" is in reference to 'arming' oneself with
information and taking that knowledge to the polls.

No one of any consequence on either side is currently calling for
violence.

> I personally believe that a significant part of Tea Party motivation is
> race hatred, though that's just my gut reaction with no specific
> evidence so I'm not offering it as proof, only saying what I think.  I
> fear that if the right doesn't slow this down we may have an assassination.

Nah - that's what Biden is for - assassination-proofing, even the most
rabid Obama hater wouldn't want that chucklehead in charge.

In this day and age of cell-phone video as well as other video devices
the rallies are well documented, by both sides of the issue.  If there
was any veracity to the rumors of racist behavior at TEA Party rallies
there would at least have been You-Tube postings.

> Whatever happens in the long run, nothing that the hard-line right has
> done this year is in any way patriotic.  It's just vulgar, power and
> money-grubbing, lying hatred of the worst kind and it is not American!
> We all say this is the gretest country on Earth.  It's time we all
> started acting as though we believed that. And that last part applies to
> some on the left as well.  I'm not unaware of some of the selfish,
> crooked acts among members of the Democratic party.

Both the hard-line right AND left are doing nothing constructive.

The funny part is watching the supporters - when their party is OUT of
power they scream, "We have to take our country back from those who
would destroy it!" - when their party is IN power it's time to get along
and do what's best for the country (Meaning their side's agenda).  It's
the same from both sides.

I've said before, I distrust both sides.  But, as long as the sheeple
buy into the propaganda and are too terrified to vote third party
('cause you're THROWING AWAY YOUR VOTE!) we're stuck with 'em.