OT: Respect for the Government

As most of you know, I've been troubled by the
recent behavior of certain political folks and of
some of the protesters.

Most of the so-called Tea Party members say
that they are Christians.  I noticed the following
passage while reading the other day and thought
it might give some who read it pause to think
about their actions from the biblical perspective.

-----

2 Peter 2: 9-11

"The Lord knoweth how to deliver the godly out of temptations, and
to reserve the unjust unto the day of judgment to be punished: But
chiefly them that walk after the flesh in the lust of uncleanness, and
despise government. Presumptuous are they, selfwilled, they are
not afraid to speak evil of dignities. Whereas angels, which are
greater in power and might, bring not railing accusation against
them before the Lord."

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass