Re: Respect for the Government

I wrote:

> As most of you know, I've been troubled by the recent behavior of certain
> political folks and of some of the protesters.
>
> Most of the so-called Tea Party members say
> that they are Christians.  I noticed the following
> passage while reading the other day and thought
> it might give some who read it pause to think
> about their actions from the biblical perspective.
>
> -----
>
> 2 Peter 2: 9-11
>
> "The Lord knoweth how to deliver the godly out of temptations, and to reserve
> the unjust unto the day of judgment to be punished: But chiefly them that walk
> after the flesh in the lust of uncleanness, and despise government.
> Presumptuous are they, selfwilled, they are not afraid to speak evil of
> dignities. Whereas angels, which are greater in power and might, bring not
> railing accusation against them before the Lord."

This has been an interesting thread.  I posted this in a newsgroup that I would
say is right leaning though not right-wing.  Some say they are non-believers.
Others have said before that they believe. Yet I don't notice a single post
indicating that anyone sees anything wrong with what is happening in our country
today, at least not from the biblical perspective.  Perhaps that *is* the
problem.  No offense, folks but if we don't see that inciting violence and using
vulgar, racist threats at political rallies is wrong, there is something
definitely wrong with our country.

Regards,
Robert