Re: OT: Respect for the Government

"JoeRaisin" wrote:

> It's simple, now that the left is in power, the folks on the right are now
> doing the same sort of stuff the to the folks on the left that the folks on
> the left did to the folks on the right back when they were in power.  Of
> course the folks on the left are crying foul 'cause now they are the one's
> getting hammered - so they are saying the same things about the folks on the
> right holding signs protesting the folks on the left that the folks on the
> right said about the folks on the left holding signs protesting the folks on
> the right.

It's not that simple.  When Bush came to power, we did cry foul because we
believed the USSC played politics, among other things.  Sure, we protested, but
no one called for violence.  No one made threats on the lives of Republicans.
No one, especially none of the losing Democratic (note: the word is
"Democratic", not "democrat") candidates suggested that people come to
Washingtion "Armed and Dangerous".  None our presidential candidates went
around, as Sara Palin has, encouraging a "revolution".  This has been like no
other presidential term in our history.

I personally believe that a significant part of Tea Party motivation is race
hatred, though that's just my gut reaction with no specific evidence so I'm not
offering it as proof, only saying what I think.  I fear that if the right
doesn't slow this down we may have an assassination.

Whatever happens in the long run, nothing that the hard-line right has done this
year is in any way patriotic.  It's just vulgar, power and money-grubbing, lying
hatred of the worst kind and it is not American!  We all say this is the gretest
country on Earth.  It's time we all started acting as though we believed that.
And that last part applies to some on the left as well.  I'm not unaware of some
of the selfish, crooked acts among members of the Democratic party.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Home Electronics