Re: Sure is quiet in here

On Apr 9, 9:43=A0am, Frank Olson
<use_the_email_li...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 09/04/2010 5:21 AM, tourman wrote:
>

> > On Apr 9, 2:35 am, Frank Olson
> > <use_the_email_li...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> =A0wrote:

> >> Just got in. =A0Big emergency. =A0Boiler let go on the roof of a 20 st=
ory
> >> high rise. =A0Lots of water found it's way down the main fire alarm ri=
ser.
> >> =A0 =A0I'll probably be working all weekend... =A0:-)
>
> > RHC: Ouch !! Another reason for a small guy not to touch major
> > commercial accounts......who needs that hassle regardless of billed
> > hours
>
> It's not a "hassle". =A0It's a challenge! =A0It's all "time and material"
> too with the unfortunate insurance company on the hook - not that we
> would ever take advantage of the situation. =A0I have to be able to look
> at myself in the mirror in the morning. =A0:-)

RHC: Yes, I guess if you are part of a large company with loads of
resources, it's the proper place to be to serve these kinds of
clients. But not for a small two man company like mine. I have been
working hard over the last couple of years to get rid of about 10
large commercial clients that I made the mistake of taking on, that
are all a major service hassle. At the same time when I have to deal
with a bunch of small residential service calls, it never fails, they
call with some stupid request for either information they should have
on hand, or for some major changes that eat up my labour resources.
And it seems, no matter what I charge them (still being fair of
course), they never learn how to change codes, keep track of users for
their reports, or respond properly to alarms caused by untrained, new
employees.

That's not a "challenge", that's a "hassle".....