Re: Sure is quiet in here

tourman wrote:
> On Apr 9, 9:43 am, Frank Olson
> <use_the_email_li...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
>> On 09/04/2010 5:21 AM, tourman wrote:

>>> RHC: Ouch !! Another reason for a small guy not to touch major
>>> commercial accounts......who needs that hassle regardless of billed
>>> hours
>>
>> It's not a "hassle".  It's a challenge!  It's all "time and material"
>> too with the unfortunate insurance company on the hook - not that we
>> would ever take advantage of the situation.  I have to be able to look
>> at myself in the mirror in the morning.  :-)
>
> RHC: Yes, I guess if you are part of a large company with loads of
> resources, it's the proper place to be to serve these kinds of
> clients. But not for a small two man company like mine. I have been
> working hard over the last couple of years to get rid of about 10
> large commercial clients that I made the mistake of taking on, that
> are all a major service hassle. At the same time when I have to deal
> with a bunch of small residential service calls, it never fails, they
> call with some stupid request for either information they should have
> on hand, or for some major changes that eat up my labour resources.
> And it seems, no matter what I charge them (still being fair of
> course), they never learn how to change codes, keep track of users for
> their reports, or respond properly to alarms caused by untrained, new
> employees.
>
> That's not a "challenge", that's a "hassle".....

I remotely handle a few MLB sport complexes. Every other week its the
same thing, add this user, remove that user. I just bill them for my
time. These complexes usually have 4 Radionics panels in each, all with
the same user codes. So I just make the changes, and the software
synchronizes with the panels and does the rest.

Jim Rojas