"Bob La Londe" <nospam@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:hq8k38$4n7$1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> "Jim Rojas" <jrojas@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>> Doug wrote:
>>> "Jim Rojas"<jrojas@xxxxxxxxxxxx>  wrote in message

>>> Not really, the purpose of the BBB is the same as any other company- to
>>> make
>>> money
>>>
>>> Doug
>>>

>> Here's what I think it boils down to: If a business pays their annual
>> dues to the BBB (racketeering fee), they will have a A+ Rating. Period. A
>> customer can sue Broadview in a court of law and win. But the BBB would
>> continue to give them an A+ Rating.
>>
>> In fact, any company could be sued unlimited times, and lose each time.
>> But unless the "arbitration" went through the BBB, using their
>> arbitrators, it would not affect their BBB rating.
>>
>> Bernie Madoff's company was a member with the Better Business Bureau, and
>> look what happened there. I am sure many of these companies that have
>> huge scams going on are paid members with the BBB.
>>
>> Jim Rojas
>
> I had one complaint years ago from a client who wanted me to do repairs
> for free with a grossly past due balance on their account.  I refused.  I
> responded to the BBB complaint and was told it was listed as resolved.
> Out of curiosity I just checked my rating with them.  Holy cow.  What a
> clueless lot.  They still list an ancient business address from before I
> bought my current property and put up my shop.  What got me though was...
>

> Customer Complaint History
> Back to Top
> BBB has processed no customer complaints on this company in its three year
> reporting period.
>

> Rating.  B-
>
> Probably because whenever they call me to try and weedle money out of my I
> tell them there is no way I would donate to such a weazely sleezy outfit
> as the BBB who rates criminal organizations with an A because they pay.

Years ago.................... Oh so many years ago.  I was a member the
local BBB.  That is until I found out that when a potential customer called
them to find out about company A or B and they were told that they cannot
give any information out due to liability reasons.  I said so what's the
point??  Dropped them like a hot potato.  In my opinion it was and still is
a joke.  It would seem that I am not alone in the opinion. :-)

Les