Broadview Still Paying Off the BBB

Customer Complaint History

BBB serving Dallas, Texas maintains a report on this company's
headquarters location. Please visit dallas.bbb.org for details or call
(214) 220-2000.

When considering complaint information, please take into account the
company's size and volume of transactions, and understand that the
nature of complaints and a firm's responses to them are often more
important than the number of complaints.

BBB processed a total of 465 complaints about this company in the last
36 months, our standard reporting period. Of the total of 465 complaints
closed in 36 months, 208 were closed in the last year.
These complaints concerned :
5		regarding Issue Not Defined

5		regarding Advertising Issues

1	- Advertisement misrepresented a product
1	- Advertisement misrepresented a service
3	- None of the Above - Advertising Complaint Issue
113		regarding Billing or Collection Issues

16	- Failure to correct billing errors
3	- Failure to substantiate charges
7	- Improper collection practices
86	- None of the Above - Credit, Billing or Collection Complaint Issue
1	- Unauthorized credit card charges
109		regarding Contract Issues

14	- Failure to honor a contract or agreement
7	- Invalid or false contract
75	- None of the Above - Contract Complaint Issue
12	- Unauthorized changes to the contract or agreement
1	- Work performed outside the terms of the contract or agreement
110		regarding Customer Service Issues

11	- Failure to provide promised assistance or support for products or
services
4	- Failure to respond to phone calls or written requests for assistance
or support
1	- Inappropriate behavior by customer service personnel
94	- None of the Above - Customer Service Complaint Issue
2		regarding Delivery Issues

2	- None of the Above - Delivery Complaint Issue
5		regarding Guarantee or Warranty Issues

1	- Failure to honor service under the terms of warranties
2	- Failure to provide promised written warranty or guarantee
2	- None of the Above - Guarantee or Warranty Complaint Issue
8		regarding Product Issues

1	- Defective, damaged, or incorrect product received
7	- None of the Above - Product Quality Complaint Issue
22		regarding Refund or Exchange Issues

2	- Failure to honor promised refunds, exchanges, or credit
5	- Failure to honor refund, exchange or credit policies
15	- None of the Above - Refund or Exchange Complaint Issue
6		regarding Repair Issues

1	- Delayed completion of repair
1	- Failure to honor a repair estimate or agreement
1	- Improper or inferior repair
3	- None of the Above - Repair Complaint Issue
30		regarding Sales Practice Issues

18	- None of the Above - Sales Complaint Issue
1	- Sales presentation did not disclose complete pricing information
5	- Sales presentation did not disclose key conditions of the offer
1	- Sales presentation not consistent with the written agreement
4	- Sales presentation used dishonest sales practices
1	- Sales presentation used high pressure methods
50		regarding Service Issues

2	- Delayed completion of service
4	- Failure to honor service estimate or agreement
1	- Failure to provide invoice or estimate for service upon request
10	- Improper or inferior service
32	- None of the Above - Service Complaint Issue
1	- Unauthorized service

These complaints were closed as:
331		Resolved

224 - 	Company addressed the complaint issues. The consumer failed to
acknowledge acceptance to BBB.
107 - 	Company resolved the complaint issues. The consumer acknowledged
acceptance to BBB.
134		Administratively Closed

134 Administratively Closed? Does this mean that Broadview wrote a check
to the BBB? What gives? I just don't get it. I have 1 failed to respond
complaint in 13 years and I get an F rating? Really...I guess I need
borrow some from Broadview. I refuse to write a check to clear this up.
It kind of defeats the purpose of the BBB.

Jim Rojas