Re: Broadview Still Paying Off the BBB

"Jim Rojas" <jrojas@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:UrOxn.99523$NH1.66174@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Doug wrote:
>> "Jim Rojas"<jrojas@xxxxxxxxxxxx>  wrote in message
>>> Customer Complaint History
>>>
>>> BBB serving Dallas, Texas maintains a report on this company's
>>> headquarters location. Please visit dallas.bbb.org for details or call
>>> (214) 220-2000.
>>>
>>> When considering complaint information, please take into account the
>>> company's size and volume of transactions, and understand that the
>>> nature
>>> of complaints and a firm's responses to them are often more important
>>> than
>>> the number of complaints.
>>>
>>> BBB processed a total of 465 complaints about this company in the last
>>> 36
>>> months, our standard reporting period. Of the total of 465 complaints
>>> closed in 36 months, 208 were closed in the last year.
>>> These complaints concerned :
>>> 5 regarding Issue Not Defined
>>>
>>> 5 regarding Advertising Issues
>>>
>>> 1 - Advertisement misrepresented a product
>>> 1 - Advertisement misrepresented a service
>>> 3 - None of the Above - Advertising Complaint Issue
>>> 113 regarding Billing or Collection Issues
>>>
>>> 16 - Failure to correct billing errors
>>> 3 - Failure to substantiate charges
>>> 7 - Improper collection practices
>>> 86 - None of the Above - Credit, Billing or Collection Complaint Issue
>>> 1 - Unauthorized credit card charges
>>> 109 regarding Contract Issues
>>>
>>> 14 - Failure to honor a contract or agreement
>>> 7 - Invalid or false contract
>>> 75 - None of the Above - Contract Complaint Issue
>>> 12 - Unauthorized changes to the contract or agreement
>>> 1 - Work performed outside the terms of the contract or agreement
>>> 110 regarding Customer Service Issues
>>>
>>> 11 - Failure to provide promised assistance or support for products or
>>> services
>>> 4 - Failure to respond to phone calls or written requests for assistance
>>> or support
>>> 1 - Inappropriate behavior by customer service personnel
>>> 94 - None of the Above - Customer Service Complaint Issue
>>> 2 regarding Delivery Issues
>>>
>>> 2 - None of the Above - Delivery Complaint Issue
>>> 5 regarding Guarantee or Warranty Issues
>>>
>>> 1 - Failure to honor service under the terms of warranties
>>> 2 - Failure to provide promised written warranty or guarantee
>>> 2 - None of the Above - Guarantee or Warranty Complaint Issue
>>> 8 regarding Product Issues
>>>
>>> 1 - Defective, damaged, or incorrect product received
>>> 7 - None of the Above - Product Quality Complaint Issue
>>> 22 regarding Refund or Exchange Issues
>>>
>>> 2 - Failure to honor promised refunds, exchanges, or credit
>>> 5 - Failure to honor refund, exchange or credit policies
>>> 15 - None of the Above - Refund or Exchange Complaint Issue
>>> 6 regarding Repair Issues
>>>
>>> 1 - Delayed completion of repair
>>> 1 - Failure to honor a repair estimate or agreement
>>> 1 - Improper or inferior repair
>>> 3 - None of the Above - Repair Complaint Issue
>>> 30 regarding Sales Practice Issues
>>>
>>> 18 - None of the Above - Sales Complaint Issue
>>> 1 - Sales presentation did not disclose complete pricing information
>>> 5 - Sales presentation did not disclose key conditions of the offer
>>> 1 - Sales presentation not consistent with the written agreement
>>> 4 - Sales presentation used dishonest sales practices
>>> 1 - Sales presentation used high pressure methods
>>> 50 regarding Service Issues
>>>
>>> 2 - Delayed completion of service
>>> 4 - Failure to honor service estimate or agreement
>>> 1 - Failure to provide invoice or estimate for service upon request
>>> 10 - Improper or inferior service
>>> 32 - None of the Above - Service Complaint Issue
>>> 1 - Unauthorized service
>>>
>>> These complaints were closed as:
>>> 331 Resolved
>>>
>>> 224 - Company addressed the complaint issues. The consumer failed to
>>> acknowledge acceptance to BBB.
>>> 107 - Company resolved the complaint issues. The consumer acknowledged
>>> acceptance to BBB.
>>> 134 Administratively Closed
>>>

>>> 134 Administratively Closed? Does this mean that Broadview wrote a check
>>> to the BBB? What gives? I just don't get it. I have 1 failed to respond
>>> complaint in 13 years and I get an F rating? Really...I guess I need
>>> borrow some from Broadview. I refuse to write a check to clear this up.
>>> It
>>> kind of defeats the purpose of the BBB.
>>>
>>> Jim Rojas
>>>

>> Not really, the purpose of the BBB is the same as any other company- to
>> make
>> money
>>
>> Doug
>>

> Here's what I think it boils down to: If a business pays their annual dues
> to the BBB (racketeering fee), they will have a A+ Rating. Period. A
> customer can sue Broadview in a court of law and win. But the BBB would
> continue to give them an A+ Rating.
>
> In fact, any company could be sued unlimited times, and lose each time.
> But unless the "arbitration" went through the BBB, using their
> arbitrators, it would not affect their BBB rating.
>
> Bernie Madoff's company was a member with the Better Business Bureau, and
> look what happened there. I am sure many of these companies that have huge
> scams going on are paid members with the BBB.
>
> Jim Rojas

I had one complaint years ago from a client who wanted me to do repairs for
free with a grossly past due balance on their account.  I refused.  I
responded to the BBB complaint and was told it was listed as resolved.  Out
of curiosity I just checked my rating with them.  Holy cow.  What a clueless
lot.  They still list an ancient business address from before I bought my
current property and put up my shop.  What got me though was...

Customer Complaint History
Back to Top
BBB has processed no customer complaints on this company in its three year
reporting period.

Rating.  B-

Probably because whenever they call me to try and weedle money out of my I
tell them there is no way I would donate to such a weazely sleezy outfit as
the BBB who rates criminal organizations with an A because they pay.