Re: Off Topic - But Heinous

"G. Morgan" <usenet_abuse@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:n4mps5dt03au61s8ajds0slennb68p33f0@xxxxxxxxxx
> "Gary R. Schmidt" <grschmidt@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>>Nice for *you* perhaps - but I hate to be the bearer of bad tidings: the
>>whole world is *not* the USA.
>
> I see you're posting from Australia.  I'd say you're lucky to be reading
> any of
> this at all, seeing how your government wants to censor the Internet on
> your
> little chunk of Earth.
>
> BTW... Since the Internet was invented by the US government, and all the
> transistors, microchips, and software used on your machine are powered by
> US
> innovations over the years...  Oh, and the US space program that begot the
> satellites your island relies on to communicate with the "wider world";
> I'd
> think you would show a little gratitude to the US for all the gifts we
> gave to
> world.
>
> You're welcome to use a non-US designed microprocessor for your PC, if you
> can
> find one.
>
>>Now, while it is a shame that the US government is treating it's
>>soldiers as disposables - it has very limited importance out in the
>>wider world.
>
> It's a shame your government doesn't share much of your troops for much of
> anything.  You can return the military hardware that was purchased and
> developed
> in the US if you think it's not that important.  I hear Russia is having a
> fire-sale on some top-notch gear.

I wouldn't judge an entire continent or its people based on Gary Schmidt's
ignorant comments.

I think Australia has probably paid its dues in regards to the number of
troops committed to fight in foreign wars including WW1, WWII, the Korean
war, the Vietnam War, Iraq & Afghanistan and probably numerous other minor
skirmishes as well.  Australia also contributes to UN peacekeeping missions.

Doug