Re: Off Topic - But Heinous

"Gary R. Schmidt" <grschmidt@xxxxxxx> wrote:

>Nice for *you* perhaps - but I hate to be the bearer of bad tidings: the
>whole world is *not* the USA.

I see you're posting from Australia.  I'd say you're lucky to be reading any of
this at all, seeing how your government wants to censor the Internet on your
little chunk of Earth.

BTW... Since the Internet was invented by the US government, and all the
transistors, microchips, and software used on your machine are powered by US
innovations over the years...  Oh, and the US space program that begot the
satellites your island relies on to communicate with the "wider world";  I'd
think you would show a little gratitude to the US for all the gifts we gave to
world.

You're welcome to use a non-US designed microprocessor for your PC, if you can
find one.

>Now, while it is a shame that the US government is treating it's
>soldiers as disposables - it has very limited importance out in the
>wider world.

It's a shame your government doesn't share much of your troops for much of
anything.  You can return the military hardware that was purchased and developed
in the US if you think it's not that important.  I hear Russia is having a
fire-sale on some top-notch gear.

What innovations have come out of Australia besides Foster's piss-ale, and the
ever amusing Jooo-lover, Mel Gibson?

I must admit though, I used to beat-off to Olivia Newton John when I was twelve.
At least your country had something I could use, once.