Re: Off Topic - But Heinous

JoeRaisin <joeraisin2001@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>Don't sweat it G. - isn't it obvious that a recovering alcoholic
>involved in the alarm industry would NEVER read science fiction.
>
>I'm still trying to figure out what a "Big 8" group is.
>
>A guy on a web forum asked us to spread the word - so I did.  I had no
>illusions that it would be well received by everyone.
>
>It's not worth the pissin' contest - especially in a group I only lurk in.

Yeah, these guys are a real "barrel of laughs".

For what it's worth, I appreciate you spreading the word.

PS:  Big-8 groups are those that go through an entirely different process to
create and delete. "Board members" are chosen (not elected) to decide what
groups can be created or deleted.  It's a good-ole' boy thing.  Some regulars of
such groups are somewhat "elitist's", somehow thinking that their hierarchy is
somehow better than those that are not Big-8's.  The hierarchies are:

comp.*
humanities.*
misc.*
news.*
rec.*
sci.*
soc.*
talk.*

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_8_%28Usenet%29

I'm done with these clowns.  See you back in ASA.