Re: OT: Foulball

"G. Morgan" wrote:

> That big "C" is a bitch, no one ever knows when it may strike...

Remember how MM rejoiced when I got it?  Perhaps our friend, Petem, should
think a little longer about that whole "karma" thing.

> It was you (among some others) that helped me realize how my drinking was
> out of control, and you played a direct role in my decision to get help.
> For that I am grateful (although I wasn't at the time :-))

At the time I wasn't trying to help.  I treated you pretty badly.  That you
used it for good is outstanding.

>> The strange thing is I don't really feel a fear of death.  I'm not
>> pretending to be heroic or anything but I'm at peace about it.
>
> Good.  We all will die one day, and I'm glad you don't have excessive
> anxiety compounding this already difficult period.

The ones suffering with anxiety over it are my friends and family.  We lost my
dad earlier this year and I don't want my mother to endure more grief.
Anyway, it looks like I'll be around at least a little longer than we
thought -- maybe six months or more.

>> Naturally, I'm concerned about the process, which will not be pleasant, but
>> death itself doesn't seem scary any more.
>
> You never know.  My GF's dad died with a smile on his face in his sleep
> (long battle with liver failure).  I'm sure you'll have access to all the
> drugs you need to make it as comfortable as possible.

I have prescriptions for both slow and rapid release morphine.  I take the
rapid fire stuff when the pain is excessive.  The other I'm supposed to take
3x a day but I take much less so I stay awake and alert.  Besides, I can't
ride on morphine.

> I don't know what, if any, spiritual views you hold; but you may very well
> find yourself in "a better place".  Remember to look me up once I arrive.

I believe in Jesus.  I believe in heaven and I'm secure that I'll be there.  I
sort of expect you won't have to "look up" anyone there -- just think of
someone and your together.  Time, like space, is a created thing.

> Peace,
> Graham

The same,
Robert