Re: OT: Foulball

On Mon, 21 Sep 2009 16:34:16 -0400, "Robert L Bass"
<Sales@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>Well, happy birthday in advance.

Thanks.

>  My brother smoked for nearly 50 years, even
>continuing for almost 11 years after he had lung cancer.  He finally quit a
>month or so ago.  His cancer, like mine, was not related to smoking.

That big "C" is a bitch, no one ever knows when it may strike.

>Thanks.  I still have hope but not so much for this life.  I've known for some
>time that I'm not going to beat this.

Even if you don't beat it, you'll have lived a life much longer than your
antecedents (not too long ago average life-span was less than 40 y/o).  You've
given the world a special mark, some you aren't even aware of.  It was you
(among some others) that helped me realize how my drinking was out of control,
and you played a direct role in my decision to get help.  For that I am
grateful (although I wasn't at the time :-))

>  The strange thing is I don't really
>feel a fear of death.  I'm not pretending to be heroic or anything but I'm at
>peace about it.

Good.  We all will die one day, and I'm glad you don't have excessive anxiety
compounding this already difficult period.

>  Naturally, I'm concerned about the process, which will not be
>pleasant, but death itself doesn't seem scary any more.

You never know.  My GF's dad died with a smile on his face in his sleep (long
battle with liver failure).  I'm sure you'll have access to all the drugs you
need to make it as comfortable as possible.

I don't know what, if any, spiritual views you hold; but you may very well
find yourself in "a better place".  Remember to look me up once I arrive.

Peace,
Graham