Re: OT: Foulball

"G. Morgan" wrote:

> Thanks for the kind words.  I still smoke, but plan on quitting before my
> birthday, which is next month (ouch!).

Well, happy birthday in advance.  My brother smoked for nearly 50 years, even
continuing for almost 11 years after he had lung cancer.  He finally quit a
month or so ago.  His cancer, like mine, was not related to smoking.

> I hope you get to feeling better.  I still believe in miracles, and one may
> be headed your way.  Never give up hope man.  :)

Thanks.  I still have hope but not so much for this life.  I've known for some
time that I'm not going to beat this.  The strange thing is I don't really
feel a fear of death.  I'm not pretending to be heroic or anything but I'm at
peace about it.  Naturally, I'm concerned about the process, which will not be
pleasant, but death itself doesn't seem scary any more.

Regards,
Robert