 Mark! <

> > > If you've never seen it demonstrated ask your CS rep to give a demo
> > > next time he stops in, assuming your CS offers it. Think of it almost
> > > like OnStar service for the home.
>
> > RHC: Actually, this afternoon I met an old friend of mine who manages
> > some of the affairs of a Canadian monitoring station called Lanvac up
> > here in the Montreal /Ottawa / Toronto corridor. They have just signed
> > a major deal with Monitronics in the US, and are now putting on a push
> > for more dealers here in Canada (this was reported in the latest SP&T
> > magazine). Apparently, Monitronics are big on two way voice, and have
> > resolved some of the technical difficulties at the CS end. He seemed
> > to feel it is worth investigating on my part and has some merit,
> > albeit it seems, mostly "marketing" merit. But he has promised to keep
> > me informed on the subject as things transpire with the implementation
> > of this service at his station.
>
> > So for the moment, I'll leave it at that.....
>
> What technical difficulties on the CS end? I've been involved with 2-
> way since the early 90's and I assure you it's not a marketing gimmick

RHC: As it was explained to me only briefly, it has to do with the
"handover" of the alarm call to a voice line. It seems there is
something unique about this way of doing it that requires a technical
"somethingorother" to do so that differs from what conventional
monitoring stations are set up to do. So it seems to need either
hardware or special software to do it. Plus it seems, it needs far
more voice lines coming in to the receivers than per normal to handle
the calling. Other than that, I can't comment.....