On Sep 9, 1:35=A0am, too fat for a ladder <alarminst...@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Sep 8, 11:05 pm, Frank Olson
>

> <use_the_email_li...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > mleuck wrote:

> > > I should think that would be self explanatory? Some locals consider i=
> > > alarm verification where just a burg signal alone isn't enough to
> > > justify a dispatch. I could give countless examples where we've
> > > confirmed a burglary in progress and it's useful for medical
> > > conditions. I could also give countless examples where it saved
> > > someone's life
>
> > > I wouldn't install a system without it.
>
> > Your opinion (in regards to CS service) is one I respect. =A0Thanks Mar=
k! <

> If you've never seen it demonstrated ask your CS rep to give a demo
> next time he stops in, assuming your CS offers it. Think of it almost
> like OnStar service for the home.

RHC: Actually, this afternoon I met an old friend of mine who manages
some of the affairs of a Canadian monitoring station called Lanvac up
here in the Montreal /Ottawa / Toronto corridor. They have just signed
a major deal with Monitronics in the US, and are now putting on a push
for more dealers here in Canada (this was reported in the latest SP&T
magazine). Apparently, Monitronics are big on two way voice, and have
resolved some of the technical difficulties at the CS end. He seemed
to feel it is worth investigating on my part and has some merit,
albeit it seems, mostly "marketing" merit. But he has promised to keep
me informed on the subject as things transpire with the implementation
of this service at his station.

So for the moment, I'll leave it at that.....