Re: Things I won't tell a burglar

Robert L Bass wrote:

> Yep.  I'm awarte of the so-called "Patriot" Act, which we agree was
> nothing but the Bush administration's way of ignoring things they
> don't like, such as the US Constitution.  The definition of domestic
> terrorism in the act follows:
> (a) DOMESTIC TERRORISM DEFINED- Section 2331 of title 18, United
> States Code, is amended--
> (1) in paragraph (1)(B)(iii), by striking `by assassination or
> kidnapping' and inserting `by mass destruction, assassination, or
> kidnapping'; (2) in paragraph (3), by striking `and';
> (3) in paragraph (4), by striking the period at the end and inserting
> `; and'; and
> (4) by adding at the end the following:
> `(5) the term `domestic terrorism' means activities that--
> `(A) involve acts dangerous to human life that are a violation of the
> criminal laws of the United States or of any State;
> `(B) appear to be intended--
> `(i) to intimidate or coerce a civilian population;
> `(ii) to influence the policy of a government by intimidation or
> coercion; or `(iii) to affect the conduct of a government by mass
> destruction, assassination, or kidnapping; and
> `(C) occur primarily within the territorial jurisdiction of the United
> States.'.
> (b) CONFORMING AMENDMENT- Section 3077(1) of title 18, United States
> Code, is amended to read as follows:
> `(1) `act of terrorism' means an act of domestic or international
> terrorism as defined in section 2331;'.
>
> Reading that I see nothing related to the story posted in this
> thread, which I suspect might be modern urban legend (aka bullshit).

I see you reach conclusions about the Patriot Act the same way you reach
conclusions about the truthfullness of the story.

The original posting was (mostly) true. Here's how you can tell:

* I posted it, and
* Doug went to the trouble to find the original story and posted two links:

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/story?id=128120&page=1

http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39687

Would you like some links regarding the actual workings of the Patriot Act?